Sunday, February 6, 2011

Let's Try This Again...

Truthfully, I've tried this blogging thing before, and I was not that great at it. I would guess that's because I was making it about me. Regardless, though, I'm going to try this again.

I should probably introduce myself. If I could sum up my life in one sentence, it would include something about me graduating college in 90 days, trying to live radically for Jesus while learning what that means, trying to teach children well, and my neverending obsession with coffee, books, and music. It would also probably say something about me being really clumsy and kind of sarcastic, but I feel like that sentence would be too long, and run on sentences are kind of a pet peeve of mine. So, that's me. Like I said before, I am graduating college in 90 days, and then I will be certified to teach children in grades 4-8. I'm in the lovely process of trying to figure out where I'm going to teach in light of the wonderful economic state of the country. I'm also currently doing a balancing act between life as a college student ministering to women in ADPI and ASA and the life of an adult by student teaching from 7:15-4:30 Monday through Friday.

Most importantly, though, I am learning how to radically live for Jesus. I'm learning just how important time in God's Word and prayer really is. I'm learning how I cannot survive without a community of believers. I'm learning how to love my co-workers and my students. I'm learning that I have to fight for growth in my relationship with the Lord. I'm learning just how much the Lord is concerned with my character, and I'm learning how He has to be my all no matter where I am. I'm learning it's easier to say all this kind of stuff instead of doing what's necessary to make it happen. It's so much easier to say Jesus is my all than constantly choosing Jesus over all the other things this world offers. Regardless of how hard it actually is, I'm striving to always follow Him. That's why my blog's name is "Dust Covered Feet." Back in Jesus' time, disciples were known by the dust caked on their feet from traveling. They followed their rabbis everywhere, and since those dusty roads were walked, disciples always had feet that were covered in dust. That is my goal as well. Whether I am here in college, moving for a new job, or serving overseas, I want to always display dust covered feet.

Well, this is my intro. I pray that your feet always be covered by dust as well. Until next time,

Mobe

3 comments: